Learn how to make this delicious floral Asparagus dish here.
Flowers are fantastic! Not only as gifts, but a variety of them are edible too! You can use them in baking, cooking and many more. Here’s the list of some of them!
Popular edible flowers :
- Sweet violet
- Alpine pinks
Other edible flowers :
- Day lily
- Scented geraniums
- Tiger lily
- Rosemary flower
- Squash Blossoms
- Sage flower
Where to get :
1. Local Farmer’s Market
2. Grocery Store
Another suggestion is to grow them yourself. If you plan to use them for edible projects, do not use any pesticides or other chemicles. Not only will they be perfect for using in your edible projects but they are absolutely beautiful and will give your garden extra brownie points!
DO NOT get them from florists. Most flowers from florists have been sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals. Be sure to always check that the flowers you got are free of pesticides and other chemicals.
How to Clean and Store
1. Look out for any insects or dirt. Remove them by gently shaking the flowers.
2. Soak the flowers in bowl of cold water and drain.
3. Leave flowers to air dry on a paper towel–lined tray.
4. Store in an airtight container lined with damp paper towels and place them in the refrigerator.
5. Best to use them within a week.
Learn how to make floral popsicles / ice lollies by clicking here!